In the case of rubber conveyor belts, aging, overloading and other problems may cause breakage. Generally, this is a partial damage of the rubber conveyor belt. In this case, the conveyor belt needs to be re-joined. This rubber conveyor belt can continue to be used, reducing the production cost of the enterprise.
First, conveyor belt cold vulcanization repair
1. The damaged part of the conveyor belt is polished with an angle grinder and a tungsten steel grinding disc.
2. According to the size of the damaged part of the conveyor belt, select the corresponding belt repairing piece or repairing strip with semi-vulcanized layer (the repairing strip or repairing piece is at least 15~20mm out of the damaged part). Infinet recommends using the semi-vulcanized layer repairing strip. , repair sheet, material without semi-vulcanized layer is recommended to deepen the bonding surface.
3. Apply the belt rubber to the damaged part of the conveyor belt and the semi-cured surface of the conveyor belt repair strip, and then set it for a while, then apply it for the second time (airing until it is not sticky, usually at normal temperature for five minutes) .
4. Straighten the repair strip on the polishing surface of the conveyor belt, and tap it with a rubber hammer or compaction roller to drive out the air.
Tips: If the ambient temperature is too low, it is recommended to use iodine tungsten lamp or hot air gun to heat for 0.5-1 hour. If the time is allowed to extend the heating time properly, it will be beneficial to the improvement of bonding strength.
Second, the conveyor belt thermal vulcanization repair
1. According to the damage of the conveyor belt, at least 15~20mm along the damage, draw the cutting and repairing line, chamfer at a 45-degree angle, and peel off the damaged cover rubber. Be careful not to damage the underlying layer when cutting or Wire layer.
2, the damaged part of the conveyor belt with angle grinder and tungsten steel grinding disc for deep grinding, it is recommended to polish 3mm.
3. Spread the polished conveyor belt on the fabric reinforcement layer or the steel wire reinforcement layer, apply the heat vulcanizing agent to the reinforcement layer and the damaged part, cut the periphery of the unvulcanized core rubber into oblique grooves, and also carry out the heat vulcanizing agent. Brush the tile (the size of the unvulcanized topcoat is the same as the size of the damaged part).
4. Pressurize and heat vulcanize using a hot vulcanization repairer or vulcanizer.