What are the characteristics of the new fast seamless conveyor joints?
When the conveyor belt breaks during use, the joint processing is required. The traditional joint method is to use cold gel for bonding. Such a conveyor belt joint is not used for a long time. Once it encounters high temperature, humidity and other environments, it is sticky. The mixture will fail and become less sticky, causing the joint to break easily and crack.
First, the new fast seamless conveyor belt joint features
1, the installation is faster. Without the use of adhesives, it is not only easier to handle, but also saves time for repeated application and curing of the adhesive, making installation quicker.
2. The pulling force is stronger. The combination of special joint bolts and self-tapping screws makes the interface stronger.
3. The performance is more stable. The operation process is more simple, and the conveyor belt joint can be easily completed without the need of professional technicians, and the quality is stable and reliable.
4. The application range is wider. No need for professional machinery and equipment, it can be operated in the small space environment, slope and high step area, and it is not affected by factors such as high temperature and humidity, and the adhesive is not easy to bond.
Second, the new fast seamless conveyor belt joint steps
1, making a bulge
1 According to the length of the groove in the joint sleeve, peel off the upper and lower rubber strips at both ends of the joint tape to form a tenon (the stripping length is about 11cm, according to different specifications of the joint sleeve, after measurement and stripping), if you need to mitre After measuring the bevel length, peel off the rubber.
2 After peeling, if the thickness of the belt exceeds 5mm, you can use a sander to thin the front side of the belt 1CM for installation.
2, first install one, then install another
Note: The center of the joint sleeve has a concave line for the working surface, and the three concave lines for the non-working surface.
1Put the stripped end of the belt into the joint sleeve. After fully inserting it, screw it into the outermost row of self-tapping screws and tighten the positioning from the middle to the sides.
2 According to the fixed hole position on the joint sleeve, drill the same size hole on the tape vertically by hand drill. Put a special "special threaded joint screw" (patent number: ZL201020199652.X) into the hole on the joint sleeve, and tighten it from the middle to the sides with a hexagon socket wrench.
3 Screw in the inner row of self-tapping screws and tighten them from the middle to the sides.
4 Repeat the above steps (1), (2) and (3) and install the other end. Make sure that the belts at both ends are in line with the joint sleeve during installation.
3. After the installation is completed, check the bottom surface of the belt, and screw the thread exposed at the bottom of the screw, and grind it with a grinding wheel to complete the joint.
Third, the new fast seamless conveyor belt joint installation precautions
1. The width of the joint sleeve should be slightly smaller than the width of the tape to prevent the tape from escaping the joint and affecting its service life. If the width of the joint is greater than the belt, the joint is easily damaged once the belt is deflected, so the lateral requirement of the joint is narrower than the width of the tape. Generally, the width of the joint sleeve is about 1 cm narrower than the tape width.
2. How to tighten the screws. Screw the screw to be repeated three times. Since the rubber is an elastomer, it needs to be tightened step by step, generally with a twisting force of 150N-200N. The principle of “tightening from the middle to the sides” is required.
3. When the cam is made, the non-working surface is peeled off. If the conveyor belt is relatively thin, the non-working surface rubber is difficult to remove when making the tenon. For those who have no peeling experience, it can be polished with a sander; or the non-working surface rubber can be stripped together with a layer of cloth.
4. When the produced tenon is thick, the top can be thinned. The thickness of the groove sleeve of the commonly used joint sleeve is about 4-5mm. If the rubber strip is peeled off at both ends of the belt, the tenon is difficult to be completely inserted. The top of the tenon can be thinned by a sander for installation. If the total thickness of the belt is greater than 15mm, a special reinforced or split joint sleeve can be ordered.