Wire rope conveyor belts are widely used in mineral transportation industries like coal, so wire rope conveyor belts are superior to other types of conveyor belts in terms of tensile strength and other properties compared to other conveyor belts. However, the complexity of the use environment also brings a lot of trauma to the rubber surface of the wire rope conveyor belt, and it is necessary to repair it in time after the trauma. The following Zhongqin conveyor belt manufacturers will introduce in detail the common rubber surface wounds and repair methods for wire rope conveyor belts.
First, the cause of belting damage
1. Reasons for longitudinal tearing of the conveyor belt
- The vibration shock causes the fastener to loosen and fall off, causing the baffle or the chute side plate to fall.
- The material is mixed with foreign matter, the foreign matter is hard and angular, and the coal sump is blocked and killed.
- lack of rollers, breakage or rotation is not working.
- The tape is severely slanted and scraped to the rack.
2. The reason for the cracking of the tape.
- Because of the size limitation of the space, the tape is bent more frequently.
- When the joint is vulcanized, it is vulcanized several times for various reasons.
3. Causes of vulcanized joint tearing
- The diameter of the redirection drum is small, and the tape is subjected to a large bending stress.
- The quality of the vulcanized joint is poor, especially when the joint is cracked or the edge of the joint is cracked, and the strength of the joint is obviously lowered. 3 tape has a short working cycle, frequent start-up, and large instantaneous tension.
4. the reason for the damage covered by the rubber surface
- The gap between the guide groove liner and the tape is not suitable, causing abnormal wear or foreign matter embedded in the gap, causing abnormal wear or scratch.
- The material flow rate at the guide trough is inconsistent with the tape speed, and the drop is large, which accelerates the wear of the rubber surface.
- The roller is damaged, causing abnormal wear or scratch of the tape.
- The sweeper is scratched.
- Belting slipping, it will also cause abnormal wear of the belting.