In the storage and use of the conveyor belt, if it is improper, it will shorten the service life of the conveyor belt, and even worse, the conveyor belt will be damaged and cannot be used normally.
SEMLER BELTING reminds us that we should pay attention to the following when storing and using the conveyor belt:
Lifting of the product:
When transporting the conveyor belt with a crane, it is best to use ropes and steel bars for lifting. First pass a steel rod through the mandrel hole and lift the rope with the struts to the ends of the steel rod to lift the belt. When lifting, be careful not to damage the rope. In the absence of steel bars and struts, a fabric rope of sufficient strength can also be hoisted through the mandrel hole. However, in the place where the rope and the belt are in contact, an object should be placed to prevent the rope from being damaged. Do not hang the spreader into the coil. Do not hang the rope around the coil to prevent the belt from slipping to one side. It can also be lifted using a forklift with sufficient carrying capacity, but the outer ring of the belt must not be damaged.
Use of the product
1. The type, structure, specification and number of layers of the conveyor belt should be selected according to the conditions of use.
2. It is strictly forbidden to connect different types and different sizes of belts during use. The joint is preferably glued.
3. Prevent folding and hard phase pressure during use.
4. Before use, generally start the machine first, so as to avoid the motor overload and the conveyor belt slipping. Before stopping the machine, all the materials of the belt should be unloaded.
5. The direction of the transported material and the speed at which the material falls are consistent with the direction and speed of the belt. The running speed of the conveyor belt should not be more than 2.5 m-second. The transportation block should be large, the material with high wear and the low-speed should be used when using the fixed pear type unloading device. Exceeding the tape's specified speed will affect the life of the tape. In order to reduce the impact and wear of the material on the tape, the feeding direction should be in the running direction of the tape; the drop of the material falling into the sand pocket should be reduced as much as possible; the feeding port should avoid the roller or the roller directly above; The receiving section should shorten the idler spacing.
6. The tension should not be too large during use, and it should work under the minimum tension under the premise that the drive roller does not slip and the material does not transition.
7. If there is slipping or pulling during use, the fault should be eliminated in time, and the tensioning system should be adjusted to keep the elastic device flexible.
8. Conveyor belt deviation is the most common fault of belt conveyor. There are many factors affecting the deviation of conveyor belt. At the same time, due to the different types of belt conveyor, the method of rectification is different. We should carefully analyze the occurrence of deviations and take appropriate measures in a timely manner.
9. Avoid the belt being blocked by the frame, pillar or block material to prevent breakage and tearing. When the conveyor belt is partially damaged, it should be repaired in time to avoid expansion.
Storage of products:
1. During transportation and storage, the conveyor belt should be kept clean and protected from direct sunlight or rain and snow to prevent contact with acids, alkalis, oils, organic solvents and other materials, and one meter away from the heating device.
2. When the conveyor belt is stored, the temperature of the warehouse should be kept between -15----40 °C, and the relative humidity should be kept between 50-80%.
3. During storage of the conveyor belt, the product shall be placed in rolls and shall not be folded. It shall be turned once every season.
The following points should be noted for the use and storage of large angle rib conveyor belts:
1. The large angle rib conveyor belt should be folded back and forth in the wooden frame or container for storage. The bending part is supported by the filler to prevent the rib from being tensioned for a long time. In the transportation, pad rags and lead can be used. To avoid damage to the ribs such as ropes; do not use rigging during installation, use wooden shafts or steel pipes to avoid injury to base belts and ribs.
2. The cover belt with a large angle rib conveyor belt of more than 70 degrees should be covered. (The advantage of using the cover tape is to prevent damage caused by leakage and base belt; it can also increase the volume of material).
3. The requirements of the large angle rib conveyor belt on the drum are much higher than that of the flat belt. If it is in the same model, it is larger than the roller model used for the flat belt.
4. The large angle rib conveyor belt must use the side roller and the carrier pulley on the return stroke of the conveyor to avoid the turbulence of the conveyor belt during operation.